– Over at Bon Appetit, Paula Forbes—founding editor of Eater Austin—shared where to get barbecue after dark in Austin. The list includes Stiles Switch BBQ, Freedmen’s, and Lamberts, among others.
Article by Elizabeth Leader Smith
– The 2016 Austin Food & Wine Alliance Grant Awards were announced last night. The recipients—Keep Austin Fed, Miche Bread, La Flaca Urban Gardens, SRSLY Chocolate, and The Austin Ed Fund—were awarded a total of $27,500 in grants for culinary innovation and community giveback projects.
– Thai Fresh rolled out a new happy hour menu with discounted prices on some of its most popular items, including vegan and gluten-free options. You’ll find small producer wines by the bottle for 30% off and rotating local 512 beers for 20% off. Catch it from 4 to 6 p.m.
– Sway is celebrating its fourth anniversary with a limited-time anniversary menu featuring dishes like red fish curry, chiang mai pork sausage, and persimmon spiced cake. Try it now through Saturday, December 10.
– South Congress neighborhood cafe June’s All Day is now offering to-go orders from 11:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. Breakfast items are not offered, so you’ll need to grab a seat for those buckwheat crêpes.
– Bufalina is hosting its annual white truffle event beginning Thursday, December 8. Expect Italian white truffles shaved over pizzas and possibly a pasta special. Consider this your chance to try white truffles at cost (no markup). The celebration runs while supplies last.
– Texas Monthly‘s barbecue editor Daniel Vaughn warned of the lone star tick, which can cause an allergy to alpha-gal (in short: a devastating red meat allergy).
– Austin Monthly takes a close look at the transformation of North Congress Avenue between the Capitol and Lady Bird Lake—from the shuttered storefronts of yesteryear to the vibrant dining, shopping, and entertainment destination it is today.
– SRSLY Chocolate and Lick Honest Ice Creams have teamed up to create a limited edition mini-chocolate bar spiced with cinnamon and cardamom and sprinkled with pieces of Texas pecans. Find the nibblers at both Lick Honest Ice Cream shops while supplies last.
– Bryan-College Station: Save the date. The Stella Hotel, a sleek new 176-room hotel with a restaurant centered on local ingredients, a speakeasy-like bar, a café, and a poolside bar, is set to open March 2017.
Read more at: austin.eater.com